Thanks for visiting my blog!
A few years ago, when I began experimenting with ceramic decoration, I created a set of hand-made alphabet stamps. This has enabled me to create customised pieces for friends and businesses, such as the bowl I have been working on (see below) for Jonnie Beasley. I love the process of printing into the clay in this way- it reminds me of the letterpress work I did during my apprentice book-binding period in the US many years ago....
Working on a tea-pot for the Blackwell Collection, so named after the beautiful country house on the shores of Lake Windermere, owned and run by the National Trust. The house is full of wonderful examples of early 20th century British craftsmanship, and I fell in love with the White Dining Room, full of sunlight, with views across the Lake. The design on these ceramics is inspired by the Rowan tree frieze produced for the house by artist and architect Mackay Hugh Baillie Scot (1865-1945)
Working on a large vase for the fish series...
I will post photos of finished pieces once they are fired.
Please contact me directly if you are interested in buying a piece.
You can now also follow me on Twitter @jonquil_c
and on Instagram as jonquilcook
No comments:
Post a Comment